So, as you can see 2014 wasn't quite so successful when it came to knocking things off my bucket list. Although considering the year I had I guess I should feel happy that I knocked three things off. So I'm going to create a new list and try again, and then I'm going to attempt to finish off my old lists.
So what did happen in 2014? Well, there was a divorce, a new love, a house move and so much more ... things that I will share when the time is right.
So here is my new bucket list. I'm ready this time and nothing is going to stand in my way ... also everything stood in my way, so here's to 2016 and getting it done!
2015-2016 Bucket List
- Instagram a photo of something that makes me happy every day for a year - you can follow my posts here.
- Kiss at the top of a ferris wheel
- Rent paddleboats on a lake with the kids
- Buy a new car that seats 8 - doesn't seat 8, but I bought a new car
- Read a book in a day - Nora Roberts Land by Ava Miles
- Explore Idyllwild - Lemon lily Festival and Butterfly Daze
- Attend a festival - Avocado Festival
- Visit a lavender farm (eat lavender, pick lavender...)
- Rent a beach house for a weekend
- Tap a maple tree and teach the kids how to make syrup
- Plan an outing for every big holiday
- Visit a second hand bookstore and buy a stack of books
- Whipped cream fight with the kids
- Eat fish and chips on the beach, just like home
- Kiss under the mistletoe
- Wear red lipstick DONE!
- Houseboating and exploring at Lake Shasta
- Beach, dining and watch the sunset at Paradise Cove in Malibu
- Visit the Getty Center
- Visit Sierra Madre at Christmastime
- Have a meal outdoors from a food cart
- Watch the sun setting from a rooftop bar DONE!
- Make a dish with edible flowers - DONE!
- Send my big kid on an epic scavenger hunt with a big surprise at the end
- Buy my dream handbag
- Make homemade bread - coconut mandarin bread | lemon poppyseed quick bread
- Go to a flea market and buy fabulous things to re-purpose
- Take a stroll around Lake Hollywood Reservoir Walking Trail
- Try a cronut
- Watch a parade with the kids - Disneyland
- Make homemade paper with the kids and have them write letters on it
- Make 10 things I've pinned on Pinterest - Meyer Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread | Bacon fried rice | Baked Lemon Artichoke Chicken | Breakfast Potato Boat | Sunset Punch | Messy Bun Tutorial | Garlic Parmesan Chicken | Honey Soy Baked Chicken Thighs | Easy Pork Stir Fry |
- Have a family adventure at Old Flieglers Farm
- Deliver homemade meals to the homeless
- See Cirque Du Soleil
- Have family photos taken
- Build something amazing for our home
- Buy one perfect outfit for each season, top to toe - Spring outfit |
- Prepare and eat a 3-course meal together, as a family
- Finish everything off previous bucket lists
2014 Bucket List
- Hike Iron Mountain
- Make my favorite treats from home: Meat Pies | Lemon Curd Muffins
- Go to Cabo
- Lay under the stars on a clear night
- Build a snowman that looks like Olaf with the kids
- Bake a fruit pie from scratch (including picking the fruit) strawberry cheesecake tart
- Visit all of the museums at Balboa Park - DONE!
- Take a self-defense class - had the kids take a series
- Pick chestnuts and roast them on an open fire
- Throw a dart at a map of California and spend a weekend exploring wherever it lands
- Go ice-skating for the first time
- Wine and a hot tub with someone special after dark - it was vodka, in the rain, on a first date and it was epic December 2015.
- Cook every dish in a cookbook
- Go horseback riding on the beach
- Spend a weekend visiting wineries - Wilson Creek Winery (March) | Ponte Winery (April)
- Write an e-book
- Host a Sole Hope party
- Go camping with the kids
- Do something spontaneous
- Have a mud bath
- Girls weekend/day at a spa
- Road trip to a state I've never been - Kentucky
- Watch turtles hatch
- Learn origami
- Make somebody else's wish come true
- Adults only trip to Vegas
- Do something out of my comfort zone - slimed Nickelodeon style in my bathers
- Create a new family tradition DONE!
- Take an art class
- Buy sexy lingerie and wear it DONE!
- Send a hand written letter
- Send flowers to someone, just because
- See a live show or concert - Walking with Dinosaurs Live
- Eat at a new restaurant once a month Jan: Supannee House of Thai | Feb: Seoul Galbi Korean BBQ Restaurant | Mar: The Blue Peacock: Cuisine of India | Apr: The Compass Bar | May: Veranda Restaurant | June: Grizzly Creek Lodge | July: Beach House | August: Alice's Tea Cup | September: Crush & Brew | October: Johnny Rockets | November: Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill | December: Luke's On Front
- Have a water fight
- Date night at a drive-in movie
- Have breakfast in bed and stay there for an entire day
- Watch the sun set from the top of a mountain
- Volunteer with the kids
- Finish my 2013 bucket list
2013 Bucket List
Learn to crochet - I learned, but forgot. Time to learn again.
Get US citizenship for myself and Jay - I decided not to get mine, and Jay needs to do his own now that he's over 18.
Try a new food every month - DONE! Jan: Aloo Tikki (Indian potato pancakes) Feb: Chicken Roulade Mar: Homemade Jam Apr: Oysters May: Quinoa June: Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse July: Funnel Cake August: Raw Mozzarella Caprese (made from macadamia nuts) September: Protein Burger (wrapped in lettuce) October: Tuna Tostada November: Cranberry & Brie Tarts December: Salmon Sashimi
- Visit my family in Australia - DONE
Go geocaching - DONE
Have someone teach me how to apply my make-up - DONE
Stay at the new Legoland hotel
Craft for a cause - Sole Hope
Take a class in basic car maintenance and learn to change a tire with Jay
Disney vacation with the kids - DONE!
Finally finish my craft room and office
Lose that baby weight - UPDATE 12/30/2014 19lbs lost (3 to go)
Organize the garage - off to a good start
Take the kids to a water park - Aquatica
Read 10 books - Semi-Sweet | Let's Pretend This Never Happend | Knit Two | Wildwater Walking Club | The Three Weissmann's of Westport |Aloha Also Means Goodbye | Crazy for Her | Beautiful Oblivion | Love The One You're With | From The Moment We Met
Ride my bike
Indulge in High Tea - High Tea in Seal Beach
Get the kids art books up-to-date
Build a Lego/Train table in the garage for the kids - coming along nicely
Make homemade donuts - DONE!
Go on a guided tour - Black Star Canyon
Learn how to do 10 new things (take classes) - magazine & newspaper origami | Plant succulents and make terrariums | salted caramel sauce | jam making/canning | vegan cooking classes | Macy's Culinary Institute |
Build an elaborate sandcastle with the kids
Make a quilt
Conquer one of my fears - DONE
Walk through a rainforest - DONE
Make cookie icing and decorate beautiful cookies
Plant a tree
Make a teepee and camp in the backyard with the kids
Visit Anza Borrego Desert State Park during wildflower season - DONE!
Learn how to make sushi
Random act of kindness DONE!
Re-do the kids bathroom - moved house
Knit matching hats for all 5 of us and take a photo with them - got divorced instead.
2012 Bucket List
- Finish my craft room / office
- Fly kites with the kids - DONE!
- Have a spa day - DONE!
- Go on the Old Town Trolley Tour - DONE!
- Design new category pages for my blog - DONE!
- Mother / daughter pedicures at a salon - DONE! and DONE!
- Date night with my husband DONE! lunch date
- Lose 15 lbs
- Take a class or two - craft, photography or food - DONE! Elevate Conf, Photography class & a Cooking Class
- Learn to crochet
- Go on a road trip - Florida or The Grand Canyon are on my mind Grand Canyon DONE!
- Read 5 books - Book 1, Book 2, Book 3, Book 4, Book 5 DONE!
- Make an ice-cream cake DONE!
- Start a vegetable and herb garden - DONE! I have chili pepper, strawberries, tomatoes, & a lemon tree.
- Have an article published in one of my favorite magazines - DONE! and See here! and here!
- Earn enough money (personally) to justify hiring a housekeeper. ALMOST we hired one for 1 day.
- Make a jewelry organizer for Miss M DONE!
- Hang curtains - 3 bedrooms and the dining room our bedroom done, Marisol's room, Flynn's room MOVED HOUSE
- Spend a day with my little man doing whatever he wants
- Make some fabulous artwork for our bedroom wall DONE!
- Visit Anza Borrego Desert State Park during wildflower season DONE!
- Take my teenager out for brunch and to see a movie
- Hike at Torrey Pines State Park - DONE!
- Have an outdoor movie screening night and invite the neighbors
- Make pasta from scratch
- Have a bubble bath with champagne, music, candles and a good book - DONE!
- Get the kids art books up to date
- Make a map board for the play room to mark off our travel destinations - DONE!
- Visit a National Park I haven't been to. DONE! Grand Canyon
- Complete 2 projects for Craft Hope
- Go to a Farmer's Market once a month - Jan, March & November
- Get dual citizenship for myself and the kids - DECIDED AGAINST
- Go on a family bike ride
- Go camping - Glamping totally counts
- Visit Catalina Island - DONE!
- Get a firepit at the beach and make s'mores - DONE! and DONE!
- Girls night out - DONE! Lots of Blogger nights out, and yarn & wine nights with the girls.
- See a play or show - DONE! Pinkalicious, The Grinch and Seussical
- Indulge in high tea at a fancy hotel or restaurant - DONE!
- Try geocaching - DONE!