The kids have been learning about the Pilgrims at school.
What you need to make these:
- Plain vanilla cupcakes in brown cupcake liners
- White icing
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate for melting (perfect excuse to use up some of that Halloween candy)
- Large marshmallows
- Chocolate coated cookies
- Wilton Sparkle Gel - white, yellow, and black
- Large round Wilton tip with a piping bag and tape.
- Toothpicks (or any other kind of pick or narrow skewer)
Begin by making the Pilgrim hat. Melt the chocolate in the microwave and using a pick coat each marshmallow in melted chocolate. Place it carefully on top of the cookie and pop it in the refrigerator until set. Once set gently remove the pick. Using the sparkle gel add on a white band and yellow buckle, then set aside.
Mix a small amount of cocoa at a time with plain white icing until you get a color you are happy with. Place the tip inside the bag (cut off the end of the bag) and tape the bag onto the tip. Fill the bag with icing and holding your hand very steady and keeping the tip just above the top of the cupcake pipe a face onto each cupcake. If you push down just a little while piping you will see that the icing fills out so it covers more of the top of the cupcake.
Place the hat on top of the icing and using the black sparkle gel add facial features.