It's no secret in my circle that my favorite white wine is Moscato. So when an opportunity presented itself to try a selection of Moscato (white, pink and red) from Gallo Family Vineyards you couldn't hold me back. Have I mentioned how much I love my job?
Did you know that it's National Moscato Day on May 9? I'm going to share a couple of delicious recipes and tips on how you can celebrate.
The first one I want to share is Punchful Spirit.
- 6 oz Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato
- 2 oz Blanco Tequila
- 4 oz Grapefruit Juice
- 2 oz Lemon Juice
- 4 oz Strongly Brewed Chamomile Tea
- 2 oz Agave Nectar
- 4 oz Soda Water
Combine all ingredients into a punch bowl with ice. Garnish with grapefruit wedges and lemon wheels.
It doesn't get any easier than that, does it? This is the perfect summer cocktail.
- Mix It Up: Gallo Family Vineyards offers three delicious types of Moscato – White, Red, and Pink. If you want people to get talking about the wine, try setting up different stations around the room. Feature tasting notes if you really want to get the conversation going.
- Not Your Ordinary Cheese Tray: Moscato pairs perfectly with cheese, such as Brie, Camembert, aged Parmesan and Pecorino Romano. Style up your cheese plate by making a slit in a wine cork and sliding in a card labeling the cheeses. The display is an easy and elegant way to let your guests know what they are eating.
- Spice Not Stress: Moscato and spicy food are the perfect combination and serving Paella is a clever, chic way to feed a crowd. Plus, since this flavorful rice-based dish can be made with almost anything - grilled meats, seafood, or veggies – everyone will be able to enjoy it and you won’t be tasked with making multiple meals.
- Decorating Couldn’t Be Easier: Create clever centerpieces from pretty items in your home. An old wine box or beautiful tray can become blossoming centerpieces when decorated with fresh fruit and a birdcage can become a glided candleholder with a pillar placed inside.
- Don’t Let The Party End: To enjoy another night of great wine, pour the remaining Moscato into ice trays that you can use later in sparkling water for a updated take on a “white wine spritzer!"
Are you ready for dessert? It's not a party without a sweet treat, and these Kicked Up Grilled Peaches are perfect for summer outdoor entertaining.
- 4 large White Peaches
- 1 1/2 cups Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/4 cup Candied Ginger, minced
- Zest from one Lemon
- 1 tsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Orange Liquer (optional)
Mix all ingredients except peaches with mascarpone cheese and let chill for at least an hour for flavors to meld together. Halve and pit the peaches, then fill the cavity with cheese mixture. Place cheese side up on grill over a medium barbecue, close cover and cook until warmed through, maybe 6-8 minutes. Serve warm or room temperature with a delicious glass of Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Gallo Family Vineyards (@GalloFamily) will be hosting a National #MoscatoDay Twitter party on Thursday, May 9 from 9-10pm EST (6-7pm PST). We'll be discussing the Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato and different ways to enjoy it. So grab a bottle of Moscato and join us.
You can find out more about the Twitter Party and giveaway from Mom It Forward.
Disclosure: I am part of the Mom It Forward blogger network. Mom It Forward and Gallo Family Vineyards partnered in support of this campaign. Gallo Family Vineyards compensated me for participation in this campaign.