The kids had head colds the past few days. On Friday I received the request for soup for dinner; tomato for him and chicken noodle for her. They needed something warm and soothing. They needed comfort food.
On Saturday I suggested I put together a platter of food for an early dinner.
Finger foods and platters are one of their favorite things. After school I often make them a Bento box style snack or a plate of snacks. They love our Sunday brunch which is full of assorted foods to try from fruit, to pastries, and hot dishes. And, when Marisol and I do our nails together we make a plate of finger foods to enjoy while we watch a movie so it feels a little like we are at the spa.
When I make these trays, whether for home entertaining, or just for us to enjoy it's important to ensure you add items that everyone will love and also take allergies into consideration.
On this platter I included:
- Assorted deli meats - Prosciutto, Coppa, Italian dry salami, Dry salami with black pepper
- Assorted cheeses - Brie, Gruyere and Havarti
- Breton gluten-free black bean with onion and garlic crackers
- Breton gluten-free white bean with salt and pepper crackers
- Black grapes
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Dried mango
- Cream cheese spread - recipe below
This cream cheese spread is easy and delicious, and a perfect accompaniment for the shrimp and only requires two ingredients.
- 1 tub of Cream cheese with chives
- 1 tbs Sriracha sauce
Simply add the Sriracha to the tub of cream cheese with chives, combine thoroughly, and then spoon the mixture into a serving dish.
The shrimp was quick and easy to prepare too. It was fully cooked when I purchased it, but I threw it into a pan with a tsp of crushed garlic and a tablespoon of lemon juice to give it a little flavor.
Although the kids don't eat everything on this plate, I always make sure to have some of their favorite things. They both love the white bean gluten-free crackers with cheese, especially Flynn who is on a gluten-free diet, Marisol loves dried mango, grapes and cashews and Flynn loves shrimp and grapes.
Those sun-dried tomatoes are all mine though.
What do you enjoy on your cheese platter?
Have you tried the new Breton Gluten-Free Crackers? Here's a little information about them.
- BRETON GLUTEN-FREE HERB & GARLIC – Gluten free with the tender-crisp texture and wholesome taste of the original Breton. Bursting with herb and garlic flavor, it can be savored on its own, or with delicious toppings, for a nutritious snack your family will love.
- BRETON GLUTEN-FREE ORIGINAL WITH FLAX — Gluten free with the tender-crisp texture and wholesome taste of the original Breton. Made with arrowroot flour and green lentil flour, they’re so delicious you’ll find it hard to believe they’re gluten-free!
- BRETON BLACK BEAN WITH ONION AND GARLIC AND BRETON WHITE BEAN WITH SALT AND PEPPER CRACKERS — Beans are the main ingredients and listed first on the nutritional label. Each serving contains two grams of fiber and two grams of protein. These new crackers are also low in saturated fat, contain no artificial colors or flavors, no cholesterol and are trans-fat free.
All Breton crackers are certified gluten free by the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness Gluten Free Certification Program.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.