I love having a little girl … don't get me wrong I love my boys with all my heart too, but I cannot wait for the day when I can throw a mother/daughter tea party. I love High Tea – in fact my bridal shower was High Tea at The Windsor Hotel with my mum, sister and a few close girlfriends. I love the tiny food, the champagne and tea, dressing up, hats and a beautifully laid table.
These are a few things that are on my list for when the day comes that we can have our own little tea party.
1. My favorite chocolate peppermint and chai tea from Extraordinary Desserts
2. Maybe we'll eat cupcakes like these (Bakerella)
3. Pink Princess Tea Parties will come in handy for some fabulous tea party nibbles.
4. We will definitely need a White Pedestal Cake Stand (maybe even a few) for all of our tea party treats
5. Wouldn't these make cute party favors for the little girls (SydneyAngel), maybe tucked inside a handmade felt sachet.
6. I think we'll need some of these so all the girls know where to sit (Candles and Such)
7. The tea party 'ladies' will need Dryden & Palmer Gourmet Tea Sweetener for their tea
8. It's not a tea party without a teapot – from the English Tea Store.
I'm not sure if any of my reader's watched Cathy Riva "Party Girl" on Discovery Home. If you did, you will remember the Mad Hatter Tea Party she organized for Tracy Stern of SalonTea (who by the way has a fabulous book called Tea Party). Anyway, I envisage a beautiful table with the grass down the center, butterflies and mushrooms, lots of gorgeous teapots and wonderful tea, cake and finger sandwiches.