If you haven't had the opportunity to attend a Bloggy Boot Camp hosted by the fabulous SITS Girls, I highly recommend it. Whether you are new to blogging, or feel like an old pro, the networking, intimate setting of these bootcamps can forge great friendships and you are bound to pick up tips galore.
Last year I attended the SITS girls first conference SITScation in Las Vegas and had such a fabulous time that when I found out they were hosting a Bloggy Boot Camp in San Francisco I immediately booked a ticket.
It was such a great weekend.
I had the pleasure of rooming with Grace of Formerly Gracie and seeing many, many friends whom I'd met at previous social media events.
The speakers were:
Jessica Bern of Bern This
Ciaran Blumenfeld of Momfluential
Ted Rubin of OpenSky
Kristy Campbell of Kristy Campbell Creative
Jennifer James of Mom Bloggers Club
Linsey Krolik of Me Too You
Julie of Angry Julie Monday
Things I learned:
- Buy your kids domain names
- Buy all names similar to your sites name
- Make a landing page
- Busy Dad's You Tube channel is HILARIOUS - especially this video
- Use Twit Cleaner to clean up who you are following on Twitter
- Write a list of specific goals and work toward them
- Tiffany really is very pretty
- If you mention bacon cupcakes on your blog, they will come
- The Citizen Media Law Project is well worth taking a look at
- Need to protect what you do with a patent or trademark, visit uspto.gov
- Ask permission before using photographs of children other than your own on your blog
You can view more photographs of our weekend below on Angry Julie's Flickr page