This grilled chicken Caesar salad recipe with homemade dressing is perfect all summer long. Make-ahead for lunches, and store the leftover dressing for later.
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and NatureRaised Farms, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #SCNRF http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
I recently implemented a new rule at the dinner table that the kids have to try something new with every meal. A few weeks ago I made a salad for dinner. Normally I make a salad on the side of the main dish, but this time I just made a salad. I made Chinese chicken salad with grilled chicken, carrots, mandarins and lettuce. I added the dressing on the side for the kids but served the meal for dinner. After the initial whining subsided I made the usual declaration that if they ate their dinner they could have dessert. This dish contained a lot of items they love, like grilled chicken, mandarins, and carrot, but the fact that it was all combined and there was a side of dressing made them assume they wouldn’t like it.
Miss M tried it first, she’d already taken a liking to lettuce recently and I convinced her to add just a little dressing. She loved her entire meal. Not only did she eat the whole thing, but she declared that when we go out to eat from now on she’s ordering a salad. It was a huge victory. Flynn was not as easy to convince. He ate his meal, (he wasn’t thrilled about it), but he realized that it wasn’t all that bad.
Now we are having salads on a regular basis. Last night we enjoyed a grilled chicken Caesar salad with homemade dressing (on the side of course). They loved it.
This is a really quick and easy dish to make. It’s also perfect if you made a lot of grilled chicken for a backyard barbecue and have a few leftovers that you want to incorporate into a dish.
- NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Portions
- Romaine Lettuce
- Parmesan cheese
- Homemade dressing (ingredients and recipe below)
- Spice rub - we used a mixed spice rub that contained cumin, paprika, garlic, onion, chili, brown sugar, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, white pepper, and basil.
Homemade Dressing Ingredients
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbs chopped fresh chives
- pinch of pepper
- If you can't find a ready-made seasoning rub with these ingredients, feel free to make your own.
- Season your chicken with the spice rub and grill until cooked through.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the homemade dressing, pour into a jar and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Assemble your salad
- Roughly chop the Romaine lettuce and put it into a bowl or on a large serving dish.
- Arrange croutons over the top, then the grilled chicken, and grated Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Serve the dressing on the side.
About NatureRaised Farms
NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Portions are available in the freezer section at Sam’s Club. They are 100% natural* and free from antibiotics, hormones, and steroids**.
Learn more about NatureRaised Farms® here:
*No artificial ingredients, minimally processed
**Federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones or steroids in chicken
Please pin this post for later: