These cast-iron skillet chicken thighs in a tomato and mascarpone sauce served with egg noodles are the perfect weeknight dinner.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Better Than Bouillon as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I am becoming more and more about easy dinners that require very few dishes. At least twice a week I use the slow cooker, and other nights it’s the cast iron skillet. Next, I’m going to invest in an Instant Pot I think, mostly because my friends who have one rave about it. I just want life (and dinner) to be as easy as possible.
If you are looking for an easy weeknight dinner that requires just a cast-iron skillet and a pot to boil noodles, then these chicken thighs in a tomato mascarpone sauce are for you.
These chicken thighs go from stovetop to oven without having to transfer to a baking dish.
1/2 tbs Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken
1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 tsp crushed garlic
2 tbs butter
1 tsp Italian herbs
5oz tomato paste
salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven 400F.
- Season the chicken thighs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add a little oil to a cast-iron skillet and once hot place the chicken thighs in skin side down. Cook until browned, then turn them over and cook a few minutes more. Remove from the pan and cover.
- Add the garlic and shallot to the pan and cook until slightly translucent. Add in the tomatoes, Better Than Bouillon, and herbs, and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to medium, and add the tomato paste and mascarpone cheese, stir until completely combined. Add in the fresh basil, and return the chicken to the skillet.
- Place the cast iron skillet into the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- While the chicken is in the oven, prepare egg noodles according to the package directions. Drain the egg noodles once cooked and toss them into the skillet with the sauce.
While the chicken is cooking, dice your shallot, tomatoes, and basil.
Combine the Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken in 8oz of boiling water.
Have you tried Better Than Bouillon? It can be used to make a basic stock broth or as a marinade to add flavor to a favorite dish and comes in a variety of flavors in four categories: premium, vegetarian, organic, reduced sodium. It’s our favorite way to add flavor to everything from soups and casseroles, to skillet dishes.
Want to win some great prizes including a Better Than Bouillon gift pack? Enter below:
- (9) $50 Visa Gift Cards
- (1) BTB Variety Gift Pack – includes flavors of Chicken, Vegetable, Chili, Beef and Garlic
- Dates: October 15 – November 5
*THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED
I-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes 9 winners.
Please pin this post for later: