I moved to Temecula last summer and although I'd heard about the Temecula Valley Balloon and Wine Festival I had never been.
I sometimes feel a little overwhelmed going to festivals and concerts and it's one of those many things that I've always felt I've been missing out on. The thought of traffic, parking, and crowds makes me want to put on pajamas and curl up in front of a good movie.
But, that wouldn't be living life to the fullest, which is something that I'm desperately trying to do as I get older. I don't want to live with regrets, what if's and wishing that I'd just done something that put me outside my comfort zone.
Note: We attended the festival on the Friday evening.
What you'll find at the Temecula Valley Balloon and Wine Festival:
- Dawn Hot Air Balloon Launches
- Tethered Balloon Rides
- Kids Faire
- Glow With The Crowd - weather permitting (see my photos below)
- Food Vendors
- Wine and Beer Tastings
- Chef Demonstrations and Food Pairings
We arrived at the festival in time to watch the Skinny Little Twits performing on stage. We danced, we sampled wine, chatted to our new friend Bill Wilson of Wilson Creek Winery, and met a few other festivalgoers.
And then it was time for the Balloon Glow. As the sun began to set we climbed inside the roped-off area and watched in awe as the giant balloons came to life.
- Dogs are not permitted at the festival
- Take a picnic blanket and low folding chairs - set up a (if you can) by the roped-off area where the Balloon Glow will take place, but on the side near the stage so you can dance and sing with a great view of both locations.
- There are ATM's at the festival.
- Wear layers - it can be cool in the morning and evening in Temecula, but will most likely be hot during the day.
- There are no balloon flights in the evening due to safety and the winds, so the balloons during the Balloon Glow will be tethered to the ground.
- Purchase tickets in advance if you are wanting to go on a hot air balloon ride.
- Traffic and parking may try your patience a little so carpool or hire a car service/shuttle to take you to and from the festival.
- Wear comfy shoes - you will be walking on dirt and grass a lot.
- There are portable bathrooms.
- When you purchase tickets for tastings you will be given a souvenir glass, don't lose it.
- You cannot take outside food and drinks to the event.
- Don't forget sunscreen during the day, it can get pretty hot here in Temecula - and there aren't a lot of shaded areas.
Let's end this post with the shenanigans of having a group of women together at a festival shall we.
Skinny Little Twits performing on stage | Sugar Jones of Live the Sweet Life, Natalie of Mommy of a Monster and Twins, Mary of Let's Play OC, Cheryl of Sway Group, Anne-Marie of This Mama Cooks | Bill Wilson of Wilson Creek Winery
So, if you missed this years Temecula Valley Balloon and Wine Festival I hope I've given you some tips and inspiration for you to attend next year. It's going to be great!
I would love to go back and do a balloon ride next year in the early morning.
- Where: Lake Skinner Recreation Area
- Website: tvbwf.com