This one-pan pork tenderloin with bacon and apples is perfect for busy weeknights and requires little clean-up afterward.
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AllNaturalPork #CollectiveBias
Busy nights in this house require quick and easy meals that don’t involve a lot of clean-up afterward. So more often than not on nights when the kids have after school activities on then I either pull the slow cooker out, or it’s a one-pan kind of night.
This one-pan pork tenderloin with bacon and apples takes about 45 minutes to make from start to finish (including preparation time), and is juicy, and oh-so-tasty.
1 pkg Smithfield All Natural Pork Tenderloin (which contains 2 tenderloins)
6 slices Smithfield hickory smoked thick-cut bacon
2 tbs butter
1 shallot - finely chopped
1 tsp crushed garlic
2 apples (I used Pink Lady) - cored and sliced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tsp fresh thyme
salt & pepper
- Fry the bacon in a large pan and then set aside on a paper towel.
- Add the Smithfield All Natural Pork Tenderloins to the pan and sear on each side, it takes approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Once seared on all sides (it won't be cooked in the middle) remove and set aside on a paper towel.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the butter to the pan. Once melted, add the shallots and garlic and stir until translucent. Add the apples, coating them in the shallots, bacon grease, butter, and garlic, and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan and stir.
- Roughly chop the bacon and add it back to the pan along with the thyme.
- Move the apples and bacon aside a little and add the pork tenderloin back to the pan. Cover and cook for approximately 14 minutes (this should leave it a little pink still in the middle). Turn the pork tenderloins halfway through cooking.
- Remove from the heat and let the pan sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with your favorite greens such as Brussels sprouts, beans or broccoli, and mashed potato.
Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork is naturally tender and juicy without added steroids, hormones or artificial ingredients. It is versatile enough for easy weeknight cooking as well as weekend entertaining.
You can find Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork in the meat department at your local Walmart, and here is a coupon for your first package.
Take a look at the video below of these delicious curried mango pork chops. They sound delicious. Also, take a look at these delicious recipes for busy weeknights too.
Pin this post for later: