We love pizza night around here. Occasionally we splurge and order out, but mostly we make it at home. The kids prefer plain cheese, or occasionally they will branch out and have a little ham and pineapple or pepperoni on theirs. The man and I like 'stuff' on ours though.
Tonight I made baked chicken and vegetable pizza for dinner.
While the man and I enjoyed this immensely, the kids had their regular cheese pizza, with baked chicken on the side.
- 1 (10-in.) prebaked pizza crust
- 3/4 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Sauce
- Peppers – red, green and orange – sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz.)
For the baked chicken:
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Begin by preparing your chicken.
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Dip chicken in egg, and then in breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat.
Lightly spray a shallow baking dish and bake the chicken for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool a little while you prepare the rest of the pizza.
Spread the Ragú® sauce on the pizza base and top with mozzarella cheese. Arrange the bell peppers on top.
Slice the baked chicken into pieces.
And arrange on top of the pizza. Top the chicken pieces with a little more Ragú® sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 10 minutes.
For more delicious Ragú recipe mash ups and recipe ideas visit them here: