These spicy sausage and egg breakfast pinwheels are perfect for weekend brunch.
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WildSideOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
My little ones start spring break tomorrow. Two weeks. TWO! So now I’m madly planning activities to keep them busy an off electronics as much as possible for the first week. Knowing my kids though there will be a lot of sleeping in, they are not morning children at all. One day last weekend my little man didn’t wake up until 11:30, which is unlike him, his sister often sleep in until 10:30 on weekends though. Which means there are a lot of brunches. I really appreciate the fact that they cut down the weekend meals to two by eliminating breakfast and lunch and just having brunch instead. They are such thoughtful kids.
Anywho, if you are looking for a delicious brunch recipe, I love these spicy sausage and egg pinwheels.
- 2 x Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausages Jalapeño Flavor
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 4 eggs + 1 extra egg
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 4 green onions (finely chopped)
- fresh thyme
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- If you haven't already, thaw the puff pastry sheet.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the 4 eggs, heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, green onions, salt, and pepper.
- Spray a pan with nonstick cooking spray and scramble the eggs until cooked through.
- Using a spatula, spread the scrambled egg mixture onto the puff pastry sheet.
- The Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausages Jalapeño Flavor are already fully cooked, so no need to re-heat them again. Just slice them very thinly and lay them across the scrambled eggs.
- Carefully roll your puff pastry until it forms a log.
- Whisk the last eggs and brush over the top, and then sprinkle a little fresh thyme over it.
- Using a sharp knife cut the roll into 8 slices (and 3/4 inch thick). Lay them on one side on the baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until the puff pastry has risen and is browning.
You find find Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausages in the refrigerator section at Walmart where you would normally find the lunch meat, sausages and bacon, and they are on rollback for $3.48 through Memorial Day. They contain no fillers, no added MSG, are gluten free, high in protein and come in great flavors like Original, Jalapeño, and Cheddar.
Please pin this post for later: