Looking for a fun holiday party theme for kids? How about a cookie decorating party. This is a great activity that kids will love in classrooms, with neighborhood friends, and at family get-togethers this holiday season.
Set up your cookie decorating party table before guests arrive. Here are a few tips to not only make your party more environmentally friendly, but also for quick clean-up after the party ends.
- Place sheets of packing paper (or butcher's paper) over the table for quick and easy clean-up
- Use environmentally friendly plates and knives, preferably those that can be washed and used again, but if you decide to go with disposable tableware then make sure they are made from recycled or natural materials such as bamboo.
- Silicone baking cups are perfect for placing toppings and candies in front of each of the place settings.
- Place cookie icing into re-usable dispensers. This makes it easier for children to pipe small amounts of icing onto cookies to make eyes, and decorations instead of just using a knife to spread it all over.
Supply each of the children with an apron to prevent their clothing from being covered in icing and sticky candy.
If you really want to get creative, use fabric paint and alphabet stencils to place each of the children's names on their apron.
Provide the kids with a couple of different options for cookie decorating such as circles, stars, Christmas trees, and gingerbread men.
Circular sugar cookies are perfect for cookie decorating because they can be made into a number of things including Santa, a snowman, baubles, or you could create a fun Christmas scene on one.
Beverages and Snacks
Provide your little guests with milk and healthy snacks to enjoy while they are decorating.
A Snowy Trail Mix is the perfect snack for busy fingers who want to decorate and eat at the same time.
In a large bowl combine:
- Dried cranberries
- Your child's favorite cereal
Don't forget to provide all of the children with a treat box (or bag) to take their cookies home.
And most of all, have fun!
Breville has released new, time saving products such as the Smart Oven, just in time for the holidays! Take the guess work our of holiday cooking with the Smart Oven, the oven that does the thinking for you. Check out their website for more information on this product and other great gift ideas.
And don't forget to reply below for two chances to win your choice of amazing Breville products either for yourself or as a gift to a loved one: YouBrew, Tea Maker and Smart Oven products ($250 ARV)