Looking for a fun holiday party idea for kids? This cookie decorating party is perfect for classrooms, or having fun with family, friends and neighbors this holiday season.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Breville. The opinions and text are all mine.
Cookie decorating table
Here are a few tips to not only make your party more environmentally friendly but also for quick clean-up after the party ends. Make sure to set up your cookie decorating party table before guests arrive.
- Place sheets of packing paper (or butcher’s paper) over the table for quick and easy clean-up.
- Use environmentally-friendly plates and knives, preferably those that can be washed and used again. If you decide to go with disposable tableware use recycled or natural materials such as bamboo.
- Silicone baking cups are perfect for placing toppings and candies in front of each place setting.
- Pour cookie icing into re-usable dispensers. This makes it easier for kids to pipe small amounts onto cookies to make eyes and decorations.
Personalized cookie decorating apron
Supply each of the children with an apron to prevent their clothing from being covered in icing and sticky candy.
If you really want to get creative, use fabric paint and alphabet stencils to place each of the children’s names on their apron.
Best cookies for holiday cookie decorating
Provide the kids with a couple of different options for cookie decorating such as circles, stars, Christmas trees, and gingerbread men.
Circular sugar cookies are perfect for cookie decorating because they can be made into a number of things including Santa, a snowman, baubles, or a fun Christmas scene.
Party food and drinks
Provide your little guests with milk and healthy snacks to enjoy while they are decorating.
A Snowy Trail Mix is the perfect snack for busy fingers who want to decorate and eat at the same time.
What you need
- Dried cranberries
- Your child’s favorite cereal
Combine all of the above ingredients in a large container. Scoop into individual bowls for all the kids, which they can top up as they want to.
Cookie take home boxes
Don’t forget to provide all of the children with a treat box (or bag) to take their cookies home.
Most of all, have fun!
Breville has released new, time-saving products such as the Smart Oven, just in time for the holidays! Take the guesswork out of holiday cooking and baking with the Smart Oven. It’s the oven that does the thinking for you. Check out their website for more information on this product and other great gift ideas.
Please pin this post for later: