These buffalo chicken salad pinwheels bring just a little heat (but without the mess) to your parties. They are perfect for tailgating and sports parties.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Red Baron. The opinions and text are mine.
Are you ready to Tailgate At Your Place?
Red Baron, Freschetta, and Tony’s pizza would like to elevate the excitement and fun of tailgating at home during the college football season. Tailgate At Your Place, is a digital destination with tips for throwing the “ultimate” home tailgate party including college football trivia and traditions, party tips, and recipes. Plus, just for interacting with the site, you have a chance to win one of the hundreds of prizes!
And I’m going to get you started with a great tailgate party recipe. So, if you love buffalo wings and want something that brings the heat (but not the mess) for your game day party, then these buffalo chicken salad pinwheels are perfect.
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 lb shredded chicken (preferably rotisserie chicken, not refrigerated)
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 8oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 celery stalk – finely chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro - chopped
- ¾ cup blue cheese - crumbled
- ½ cup mozzarella - shredded
- 2 spring onions (green onions) – chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- Cut the cream cheese into a bowl and beat until smooth, add the buffalo sauce, garlic powder, and pepper and stir to combine completely.
- Toss in the celery, chicken, cilantro, and combine gently with a spoon.
- Not everyone loves blue cheese (especially children), so I always like to have two options available. On alternating tortillas spread blue cheese or mozzarella, and then top the cheese with the buffalo chicken salad.
- Roll up the tortillas tightly and slice with a sharp knife into pinwheels about 1.5cm in width. Place a serving pick in each to hold them together and for easy serving.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe: by Tonya Staab tonyastaab.com
I recommend warming them just a little in the microwave before serving, especially if they’ve been refrigerated. Just 30 seconds for every 10 pinwheels make these tasty bites even better.
Your favorite pizza brands, Tony’s®, Red Baron®, and Freschetta® are kicking off Tailgate at Your Place. It’s a virtual hub where you can earn sweepstakes entries for the chance to WIN prizes totaling $150,000! Explore recipes, college football trivia, party tips, games, and more! Don’t miss out.
Visit www.TailgateAtYourPlace.com now (through 1/10/2015) and begin by designing your virtual living room! (Rules and Regs apply).
Please pin this post for later: