These double bacon cheeseburger sliders with corn relish are perfect for backyard barbecues. There’s a kid-friendly version for picky eaters too.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #SayCheeseburger #CollectiveBias
It’s grilling weather here. And even though I don’t grill outdoors, because of my ongoing fear of fire, at least I can still use my indoor grill I recently made these delicious Double Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders with Corn Relish. I also made a kid-friendly version too, because let’s face it, my little ones are not going to eat corn relish.
- 1 pkg Ground Chuck 80/20
- 4 strips bacon - oven-baked
- 1/3 cup yellow onion - grated
- 1 egg - lightly beaten
- Kraft Singles Sharp Cheddar cheese slices
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- salt & pepper
- 3 corn - steamed and kernels cut off the cob
- 1 red pepper - finely diced
- 1 celery stalk - finely diced
- 1 serrano chili - finely diced
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- I use an ice cream scoop as a guide for the size (you probably want almost 1 and a half scoops per burger).
- Roll your mixture and then flatten it into a circle. Make sure that it's larger than the bun size because the burger will shrink when grilled.
- Grill one side of the burger. Once you have turned it over, place the cheese on top and allow it to melt a little while you grill the reverse side.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the relish just a little to thicken the sauce, you still want most of the chunky pieces in there though.
Recipe: by Tonya Staab tonyastaab.com
Leftover relish can be popped into canning jars and refrigerated.
Toppings for burgers
- Bacon – oven-baked
- Mayo (for the kids who do not want to eat the corn relish)
Please pin this post for later: