These oven-baked hash brown nests made in muffin tins are filled with bacon and egg. They are the perfect addition to breakfast, brunch, or a potluck.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #OreIdaHashbrown #CollectiveBias
Every year I put together a big Easter brunch for after the kids have collected Easter eggs in the backyard. There are normally a few staples, such as baked goods and fruit, but I like to make a different hot dish.
These shredded hash brown nests filled with egg and bacon are perfect for a potluck or brunch with family and friends.
- Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes
- Bacon - 1 piece for every 3 hash brown nests
- Large Egg - 1 per hash brown nest
- Fresh Thyme
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F.
- Spray a muffin pan with a non-stick spray.
- Grill your bacon and set it aside to cool a little. Once cooled dice it into small pieces.
- Defrost the Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes a little. Press them into the base of the muffin pan, making sure they go up the sides, hanging over the top a little, with a well in the center. Pop them into the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the tips of the potatoes have browned a little.
- Place a little of the bacon into the well.
- Crack an egg over the top, and then top with a little more bacon, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Pop the muffin pan back into the oven for about 10 minutes(or until the egg whites are cooked and the yolk is just a little runny). Note: If it's too runny, you'll have trouble getting your nests out of the pan.
- Use a metal spoon to ease the sides of the hash brown nest away from the sides of the muffin pan and then very carefully ease the nest out.
You can find Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes in the Frozen Foods aisle at Walmart.
Please pin this post for later:
OH my stars, Tonya! These look absolutely delicious and fun! I love that the Ore-Ida Hash Brown Potatoes provide a nice, gluten-free crust for the eggs and bacon. By the way: Bacon. Need I say more? #client
Tonya, these look amazing! I love how the ingredients are simple but the final product looks really fancy. I’ll have to try these 🙂 #client