This garlic and herb oven-roast whole chicken with vegetables is sure to become a family favorite meal.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Perdue Farms
I have no idea why I don’t roast whole chicken more often. When it’s been an exceptionally long day and I’m feeling overwhelmed I tend to just grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
This whole roast chicken is delicious though and I will definitely be cooking it a lot more often.
Whole Roast Chicken With Vegetables
- 1 Sonoma Red whole organic chicken
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary
- 1 tbs fresh thyme
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- squash (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- Brussels sprouts (halved)
- Rainbow carrots (cut in 3rds)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- pinch of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Soften the butter (it can be a little melted) in a microwave-safe container and then add the rosemary, thyme, pepper, and crushed garlic to it.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with olive oil spray, pat your chicken dry, and place it into the dish.
- Brush the melted butter, garlic, and herbs all over it.
- Surround the chicken with freshly chopped carrots, squash, and Brussels sprouts, and drizzle the olive oil over them.
- Roast for about 15-minutes.
- Turn the temperature of the oven down to 350F and continue roasting for about 50-60 minutes (or until the internal temperature reaches 155F).
Recipe: by Tonya Staab tonyastaab.com
We served the chicken and vegetables with couscous.
Now, go take a look at my Smoked Kielbasa with Gnocchi recipe. I’m sharing details about the new Perdue Farms Gatherings Bundle that’s available. This would make such a wonderful gift for a family in need this holiday season, or just to stockpile your freezer.
Please pin this post for later: