A quick, easy, and delicious Beef Polska Kielbasa Kabobs recipe with mushrooms that can be made on an indoor or outdoor grill.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Hillshire Farm.
Do you remember last year when BlogHer was in San Diego and I attended a fantastic food photography and styling workshop hosted by Hillshire Farm? Once again, Hillshire Farm is a sponsor of the BlogHer conference (being held in New York). They asked me to create a ‘simplicious dish’ using one of their smoked sausage varieties. Chefs on-site at BlogHer will be preparing my dish (and dishes from other food bloggers too), and displaying them as vanity plates at the Hillshire Farm booth (#1005) to give you ideas for not only preparing smoked sausage dishes at home but also as inspiration for you to create your own dish with the chefs at the booth.
Instead of serving kabobs (sticks are a no-no at the conference), they will be serving my dish as veggies and polska kielbasa on rice. I really wanted to show you yet another way to serve this dish at home. It’s a very simple, quick-to-make dish that is not only perfect for appetizers, but you could make full-size kabobs (as opposed to the mini versions I made) and serve with rice for dinner.
Beef Polska Kielbasa Kabobs
Serving size: makes approximately 15 mini kabobs
Tip: To prevent the skewers from burning on the grill, soak them in water first, and then wrap aluminum foil around the ends.
You can grill these outdoors too, but I was needing a quick indoor grilling dish due to the weather.
- 1 Hillshire Farm Beef Polska Kielbasa
- 1 package of whole mushrooms
- 1 punnet of Roma tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Turn the indoor stove-top grill onto medium-high and pre-heat.
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, minced garlic, and thyme in a small bowl and set aside.
- Next, prepare the rest of your ingredients - slice the beef polska kielbasa, chop the stems off the mushrooms and spinach, and prepare the onion and green pepper into bite-sized pieces.
- Carefully place all ingredients onto small skewers and using a basting brush, sweep a little of the balsamic vinaigrette mixture onto each kabob. Turn that side down onto the grill and add the vinaigrette mixture to the other side. Grill the kabobs for around 12-15 minutes, turning frequently, you will want to be able to smell those mushrooms and see the grill marks.
- Once grilled add one last sweep of vinaigrette mixture over the top of each and serve.
Serving suggestion: I would serve these kielbasa skewers with couscous or rice.
More food on a stick ideas
Are you looking for more delicious food on a stick ideas? You won’t want to miss these: