These lemonade milkshakes and lemonade muffins are perfect for after school play dates, summer entertaining outdoors, or just because you want to enjoy a delicious lemon treat.
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #AlwaysDelicious #CollectiveBias
My favorite flavors over summer are anything citrus. There’s something so refreshing about it. Okay, let’s face it, I will devour just about anything lemon-flavored, and my daughter has developed the same love for all things lemon too, from lemon loaf, to lemonade, lemon meringue, lemon chicken, and lemon cookies.
Every now and then I will make treats for us girls. We will paint nails, play a game, or just spend time together … or like today I’m setting her up on Pinterest. I’m not quite sure what I’m getting myself into with this one, but I’m pretty sure it will result in endless requests of “can we make this NOW”.
So, let me share my simple recipes for lemonade muffins and lemonade milkshakes with you, they are the perfect summertime treat.
How To Make Lemonade Muffins
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup Simply Lemonade®
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tbs pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- confectioner's sugar
- lemon curd
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Line a muffin pan with baking cups.
- In a large bowl combine sugar and egg with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt with a whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the Simply Lemonade, milk, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Spoon into muffin pans and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the muffins are cooled a little use a cupcake corer (or melon scoop) to remove a section from the top of the muffin. Add the lemon curd, and then sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
How To Make Lemonade Milkshakes
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup Simply Lemonade®
Or adjust according to how much you want to make, but it’s basically 1 part lemonade to 2 parts vanilla ice cream.
Simply Lemonade® is the perfect refreshing all-natural beverage for all of your summer gatherings. It has no preservatives, colors, or artificial flavors, and is a great alternative to homemade lemonades.
You will find a 2-pack of Simply Lemonade® at Sam’s Club for $3.58 all summer long.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy Simply Lemonade?
Pin this post for later:
These turned out beautiful and would be so perfect for a party or a special girls day!
I can’t find the recipe for the Lemonade Muffins
Thank you so much for letting me know. I’m not sure why the recipe card disappeared from the post but it is back in there now. https://www.tonyastaab.com/summer-treats-lemonade-shake-with-lemonade-muffins/