Looking for a delicious treat to surprise a neighbor, teacher, or friend this holiday season? Try a delicious pairing of Starbucks Holiday Blend and Walmart’s ‘The Bakery’ baked goods. Don’t forget to buy some for yourself too, the coffee and bakery item really do make a delicious pair, and a perfect brunch.
In a small tray, basket, or box add a package of Starbucks Holiday Blend coffee, with a re-usable travel mug, a gift box containing a yummy treat such as The Bakery Gourmet Cinnamon Rolls, and a napkin.
Wrap your cinnamon roll in a sheet of wax paper, place inside a gift box and tie with baker’s twine. Add a hand-knit coffee cozy to the travel mug for a more personal touch.
Tutorial: Knit Travel Mug Cozy
- Yarn in 2 colors. I used Impeccable Loops & Thread yarn in True Gray and Aqua
- Size 4 needles
- Large darning needle and regular sewing needle
- Embroidery thread
- 2 buttons
- Cast on 50 stitches using color 1.
- Begin by using stockinette stitch (knit first row, purl second row, repeat) for the first 4 rows.
- Change to color 2.
- Continue in stockinette stitch until color 2 measures approximately 2 inches, end with a purl row.
- Switch back to color 1.
- Repeat as for the beginning of the coffee cozy using stockinette stitch for 4 rows.
- Cast off.
- Turn the coffee cozy to the reverse side. Place your needle through one of the stitches just below color 1, and about 2 stitches in. Cast on 20 stitches. Cast off. Using the large darning needle, attach the end to the coffee cozy to make a loop.
- Repeat above underneath the first loop.
- Sew two buttons onto the other side of the coffee cozy (on the right side)
- Tie up all of the loose ends.
Next time you are at Walmart look for the Delicious Pairings signage which offers recommendations for pairing Starbucks coffee with The Bakery items, unfortunately the signage wasn’t available in my store, but you will know it when you see it.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric®
Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a
social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™. #CBias