Last year I won a lovely silhouette of Flynn from Simply Silhouettes. I wanted to give it a little makeover this year so it didn't have the date and could be used every year as part of our Halloween decor.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to create this. First off let me tell you that I purchased the embroidery hoop for 50 cents from a thrift shop last month.
- Cut out the silhouette using an X-ACTO knife.
- Lay the inner section of the embroidery hoop over a piece of paper and cut to the exact size.
- Using a little Elmer's glue the silhouette to the paper and then the paper to the embroidery hoop.
- Lay a piece of rope across the upper corner of the picture and attach small triangle flags (cut from scrap paper) using glue.
- Using a black Elmer's painters pen paint the from section of the outer frame.
- Once dry insert the inner section of the frame into the outer section. Hang on the wall.
Disclosure: This project has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Elmer's #gluenglitter #collectivebias.
AS SEEN ON: