Are you prepared for impromptu after school or weekend play dates? Use these tips and never go unprepared again.
Disclosure: I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Whether you are still on summer vacation, or your kids are back to school, there are always play dates to be had. It might be the neighbors popping over, sleepovers, or new friends (for both your child and you) from school coming over for an impromptu play date after school.
It pays to always be prepared and have staple items on hand.
5 Tips To Keep Your Home Prepared For Play Dates
Here are my 5 tips for always being prepared for extra kids and parents visiting your home whether they be for planned or impromptu play dates.
- Sunscreen: If it’s nice weather outside the chances of you wanting the everyone indoors is pretty slim so always keep sunscreen handy.
- Water: Whether it’s a water dispenser on your refrigerator, water bottles, a jug of water in the refrigerator, or ice cubes in the freezer. Keep easily accessible water available to keep those kids hydrated.
- Snacks: Frozen treats are the perfect play date snack. Kids and grown-ups love them, they can always be available, because well, they’re frozen, and if you keep the likes of Fruttare® frozen fruit bars on hand they are refreshing and made with real fruit.
- Activities: If you have a planned play date you can schedule games and activities ahead of time, but for impromptu play dates keep a few fun things on hand that will keep the kids busy while you catch up with your friends too – outdoor toys such as soccer balls, ring toss, potato sack races, egg & spoon races, hide ‘n go seek are always fun, and for indoor games there’s card games, dance parties, video games, movies, board games, and cookie or cupcake decorating. Tip: keep a list of possible indoor and outdoor activities that you have available in your home, that way you aren’t trying to come up with ideas at the last minute.
- Establish boundaries: If your guests haven’t been to your home before politely let them know rooms or items that are off limits, but make sure to show them where things that they need are such as the bathroom.
Do you have any great tips to share for impromptu play dates?
About Fruttare Fruit Bars
Fruttare® fruit bars are made with the great-tasting fruit that comes from places we know and trust. Fruttare® currently sources sustainably farmed strawberries, coconuts, bananas, and limes.
The Fruttare® brand, inspired by a positive outlook on life, offers nine deliciously refreshing frozen fruit bar flavors.
- Fruttare® Strawberry | These frozen fruit bars feature a burst of real California strawberries and juice.
- Fruttare® Mango | These frozen fruit bars are made with deliciously luscious mangoes.
- Fruttare® Coconut and Milk | These bars feature creamy milk and coconut.
- Fruttare® Black Cherry | These frozen fruit bars are made with sweet black cherries and real juice.
- Fruttare® Banana and Milk | These bars feature creamy milk and sweet, ripe bananas.
- Fruttare® Pineapple | These frozen fruit bars feature delicious, ripe pineapples.
- Fruttare® Strawberry and Milk | These bars are made with creamy milk and luscious, real strawberries.
- Fruttare® Lime | These frozen fruit bars feature refreshing, tangy limes and lime juice.
- Fruttare® Strawberry and Milk and Fruttare® Mixed Berry and Milk | This variety pack features two kinds of Fruit & Milk bars: one made with creamy milk and luscious, real strawberries, and one made with creamy milk and pieces of real mixed berries.
Learn more about and connect with Fruttare here:
Please pin this post for later: