These pesto and ricotta stuffed shells with ground turkey make a delicious family dinner. Make one for you and deliver one to a local family.
Looking for a delicious weeknight dinner for the family?
How about pesto and ricotta stuffed shells with ground turkey?
I made a double batch so that we could have it over two nights, served with fresh bread, and a kale and Brussels sprouts salad on the side.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large pot, boil the pasta according to the package directions.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and brown the ground turkey, add the pasta sauce, salt, and pepper and simmer until you are ready to use it.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, add the ricotta, mozzarella, half the parmesan, and the pesto, making sure to combine well.
- Spoon a little of the ground turkey mixture into the bottom of each baking dish.
- Once the pasta is drained, fill each shell with a spoonful of the cheese mixture and place it into the baking dish, with the opening of each shell facing upward.
- Spoon the ground turkey and sauce over the top, sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
This recipe makes enough for two nights for a family of five. I divided the recipe between two baking dishes. You could even freeze one for next week. This would also be the perfect dish to make for a family who has just had a baby, or who you want to make a homemade meal for … make one for you, and one for them.
Please pin this post for later: