If you love the Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad from Olive Garden, then you will love this copycat recipe too. It’s so quick and easy to make.
May is National Salad Month and I love a good Salad, but Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad is my favorite.
It’s one of those salads that I enjoy for lunch regularly whether made at home or eaten at a restaurant. I was at Olive Garden recently and loved their salad so much that I decided to try to make it at home. It was delicious, even our picky teenager who normally won’t eat salads loved it.
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
- 1 Romaine Lettuce
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups Grilled Chicken (sliced)
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups Seasoned Croutons
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard (not seeded)
- Roughly chop the romaine lettuce and place it in a large salad bowl.
- Add in the seasoned croutons, about half of the chicken, and most of the Parmesan cheese (leave just a little to sprinkle on top of the salad once tossed).
- Combine the ranch dressing and Dijon mustard in a bowl, spoon onto the salad and toss.
- Top your salad with the remaining grilled chicken and Parmesan cheese. Put out a grinder for freshly cracked pepper for those who may want it.
Note: I initially developed this recipe for the website, Blissfully Domestic.
Quick tip: If you are serving this salad to guests then at this point in the recipe transfer your salad to a clean salad bowl. I’m a little pedantic about details when entertaining so a clean salad bowl without salad dressing up around the rim is one of those little details I like to attend to. If you have picky eaters attending, those trying to watch calories, or guests who do not like salad dressing, be sure to offer the dressing in a bowl on the side so guests can add their own.
Serving suggestion: This salad is perfect for a simple lunch, you can even pack it in a lunchbox for your kids. We enjoyed ours for dinner and served it with penne pasta tossed with butter and a little Parmesan cheese, and fresh dinner rolls on the side.
Note: This recipe was the perfect amount to serve our family of five along with the pasta and dinner rolls.
More grilled chicken salad recipes
Are you looking for more delicious grilled chicken salad recipes? You need to try these:
- Blueberry chicken salad
- Grilled chicken with bell pepper and edamame salad
- Another delicious grilled chicken Caesar salad with homemade dressing
- Asian chicken salad with mandarins