This mint hot chocolate recipe is perfect year-round, but with shamrock drink stirrers it is the perfect drink to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #ChooseSmart #CollectiveBias
It’s supposed to rain later this week. Flannel pajamas have been washed, blankets have been located, the fireplace has been inspected, and hot chocolate will be made.
If you love mint and dark chocolate then you will love this mint hot chocolate. The best part is all ingredients are available at Smart & Final.
Mint hot chocolate recipe
- 1 1/2 cup First Street Half & Half
- 1/2 cup First Street 2% Reduced Fat Milk
- 1 sachet Nestle Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1 tbs Ambiance Vanilla Hot Beverage Sprinkles
- 6 Cool Mint Oreo's (crushed) + 2 more in a separate bowl
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 6 First Street Marshmallows (regular size, not mini)
- Beat the heavy whipping cream with an electric beater until stiff peaks form.
- Place the marshmallows into a microwave-safe bowl and cook for 15 seconds. Mix them with a spoon until they are melted and smooth. Pour the marshmallow into the cream and give it a quick mix on low speed. Set aside.
- Heat the half & half and milk in a saucepan, add the dark chocolate cocoa, 6 crushed Oreo's, and vanilla. Continue stirring until hot and well combined. If there are still a few chunks of crushed Oreo's, use an immersion blender, just give it a couple of quick pulses.
- Pour the hot chocolate into mugs, top with the marshmallow cream, and then the extra crushed Oreo's.
Shamrock drink stirrers
These fun shamrock wooden stirrers are perfect for turning this mint hot chocolate into a festive St. Patrick’s Day drink.
What you need
- wooden stirrers
- a picture of a shamrock
- hot glue
I had one too many shamrock coasters left over from a previous St. Patrick’s Day celebration. I cut out the shamrocks and attached them to the wooden stirrers using a hot glue gun.
You will be able to find shamrock scrapbook paper, or download images using PicMonkey or Canva to make these if you don’t have leftover party supplies.
Smart & Final carries warehouse-size items without a club fee. This makes shopping easy, less expensive, and less daunting to shop in than a big warehouse store!
More delicious St. Patrick’s Day ideas
Are you looking for even more delicious ideas for your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations? You won’t want to miss these:
This looks great, Tonya! I’m not a fan of mint, but my grandson is! 🙂 I want to surprise him with this special treat! Thanks for sharing!
There is something about mint and chocolate that makes me so happy. The next time I make hot chocolate, I am so doing this. #Client
Just wanted to let you know I am sharing your wonderful post tomorrow in my “100 Something Green St. Patricks Day RoundUp” http://wp.me/p466oG-11f with a link back to your original post plus pinned to my St. Patricks Day Board! Have a terrific weekend!
Cathy from APeekIntoMyParadise.com
This looks delicious! Mint & chocolate are my favorite combination! Great post!
This looks so amazing. The mint flavor with the chocolate has got to be killer taste! Before I moved, I lived in Las Vegas for many years, and Smart and Final was one of my favorites. Love that store!! I would be thrilled if you would link them to my “Get Your Blarney On” link party! It’s all about celebrating St. Patrick’s Day! http://bit.ly/1luIm3M
Hope to see you there!