This Mint Oreo Hot Chocolate recipe is perfect year-round, but with shamrock drink stirrers it makes the perfect drink to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #ChooseSmart #CollectiveBias
It’s supposed to rain later this week. This means flannel pajamas have been washed, blankets have been located, the fireplace has been inspected, and hot chocolate will be made.
If you love mint and dark chocolate then you will love this hot chocolate and all ingredients are available at Smart & Final.
- 1 1/2 cup First Street Half & Half
- 1/2 cup First Street 2% Reduced Fat Milk
- 1 sachet Nestle Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1 tbs Ambiance Vanilla Hot Beverage Sprinkles
- 6 Cool Mint Oreo's (crushed) + 2 more in a separate bowl
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 6 First Street Marshmallows (regular size, not mini)
- Beat the heavy whipping cream with an electric beater until stiff peaks form.
- Place the marshmallows into a microwave-safe bowl and cook for 15 seconds. Mix them with a spoon until they are melted and smooth. Pour the marshmallow into the cream and give it a quick mix on low speed. Set aside.
- Heat the half & half and milk in a saucepan, add the dark chocolate cocoa, 6 crushed Oreo's, and vanilla. Continue stirring until hot and well combined. If there are still a few chunks of crushed Oreo's, use an immersion blender, just give it a couple of quick pulses.
- Pour the hot chocolate into mugs, top with the marshmallow cream, and then the extra crushed Oreo's.
Shamrock drink stirrers
Make these fun shamrock wooden stirrers for a festive for St. Patrick’s Day drink.
What you need
- wooden stirrers
- a picture of a shamrock
- hot glue
I cut a couple of shamrocks out of one of the many St. Patrick’s Day coasters I had leftover from previous celebrations. They were attached to the wood stirrers using hot glue.
Smart & Final carries warehouse size items without a club fee. This makes shopping easy, less expensive, and less daunting to shop in than a big warehouse store!
Please pin this post for later: