Make a family recipe book of your favorite meals that can be passed down through generations with this easy tutorial.
If you have kids moving away to college this summer, or you are moving away from family, I’ve got a great gift idea for you. A family recipe book is a perfect way to keep and share your favorite family recipes.
Note: This project was originally created for Hewlett Packard’s MyPrintly website however that site is currently offline. You can still find some of the MyPrintly projects on the HP YouTube channel.
What you need
- HP Photo Creations
- 5×7 HP Photo paper
- Chipboard book (available at craft stores)
- Rings (for binding the book and pages together)
How to make a recipe book
- Download the free Photo Creations software from HP.com.
- Choose your design, there are lots to choose from to make the perfect book for your family.
- Choose your recipe card design layout.
- Add ingredients, instructions, and a photograph to your recipe card.
- Once finished with your recipe click ‘save as’ and save the recipe using the recipe name.
- Leave the recipe card open and repeat this process for each recipe, saving each one as a new file name.
- For this recipe card, I used ‘Typewriter’ font, size 52 to make the cover page for the recipe book.
- Then I used the ‘Wire’ font, size 39 and changed the color for the sub-heading.
- Print your recipe cards and cover on HP photo paper 5×7 size
- Use a hole punch to add holes to the left side of each recipe card and pop them inside a chipboard cover, attaching them together with book rings.
- Glue the cover onto the front of your family recipe book
Please pin this post for later: