These lemon snowball cookies inspired by the children’s book Snow Much Fun! by Nancy Siscoe is a wonderful storytime activity to do with kids.
Kids in the kitchen
- Activities for KidsBakingBook PartyCookiesEat & DrinkKids in the kitchen
Teach kids how to prepare their own after-school snack tubs that are healthy and delicious with these easy tips.
This egg and bacon breakfast baguette is inspired by Mo Willems Nanette’s Baguette book and makes for a great storytime activity to do with kids.
- Eat & DrinkGift Guide: KidsGift Guide: MenGift Guide: WomenHandmadeHandmade GiftsIn The KitchenKids in the kitchenPaper Crafts
Make a family recipe book of your favorite meals that can be passed down through generations with this easy tutorial.
Marisol loves to learn how to cook, clean and take care of the house. She did not get this from me. The cleaning part I mean. I hate it. Like really … avoid it like the plague … do it because it's necessary … bribe myself with treats … watch episodes of Hoarders to get me inspired kind of hate to clean.
A few weeks ago while I was busy with a project she wanted a snack, not a help yourself kind of snack, but a mummy you need to get up and use an appliance kind of snack. She wanted leftovers heated up. Normally I would get up and do this for her, but I thought it was time she learn how to use a microwave. She's 8. She was thrilled. Check that off the list of things I have to do. Now she's the re-heating queen, every time something has to be heated quickly, she's on it. She even heats food for her brother. Without complaining. She just doesn't always remember to cover the food so it doesn't splatter though.
It's important when kids are in the kitchen that they also learn how to clean up after themselves. I don't expect her to do the dishes and do worry about her using cleaning products at this age, but I think it's important for her to observe and be a part of the process so that as she gets older she knows how to do these things on her own.
- Activities for KidsEat & DrinkHandmadeKids in the kitchenParenting Tips
It's supposed to be a little rainy here in San Diego today. It will be a perfect day for fun and learning indoors.…
- Activities for KidsBack To SchoolBook PartyCelebrateEat & DrinkHandmadeKids in the kitchenParenting Tips
If you are looking for educational (but fun) activities to do with kids this summer that encourage them to interact with the books…
- Eat & DrinkIn The KitchenKids in the kitchenKids Snacks and LunchesParenting Tips
I have three children, and we have more than our share of pickiness at the dinner table. One doesn’t like any vegetables but carrot and corn, one wants to live on pasta, the third is getting better, but refuses to eat most vegetables put in front of him.
I’ve learned over the years though that I need to get a little creative sometimes. So here are my:
1. Meal Plan: By meal planning each week I can take into consideration the different likes and dislikes of each of the children and include substitutions where necessary without throwing together a meal at the last minute with whatever happens to be in the house. For example, if it’s a meat and vegetable night, I can make mashed potatoes and broccoli for the one child who loves that, but also add carrots and corn for the other two children who like those. Instead of just having pasta with a sauce over the top I’ll serve spinach filled ravioli with pesto, chicken, beans and peas. My kids would eat ravioli or tortellini no matter what it’s filled with every night of the week if I let them, especially if it has pesto over the top. It’s also important to stick with a couple of meals they absolutely love when meal planning, but include new options too, which will encourage them to try new things.
- BakingBook PartyCakes , Cupcakes, and Cake PopsCelebrateEat & DrinkKids in the kitchenThanksgivingThanksgiving Recipes
These delicious turkey conecakes are the perfect addition to your fall and Thanksgiving celebrations. They’re also a great activity to do with the kids in the kitchen.
- CelebrateEat & DrinkHalloweenHalloween RecipesKids in the kitchenMonster Party
Looking for some yummy treats for a monster party, or kids Halloween party? I'm over at Multiples and More showing your kids how…