These lemon snowball cookies inspired by the children’s book Snow Much Fun! by Nancy Siscoe is a wonderful storytime activity to do with kids.
Kids in the kitchen
Teach kids how to prepare their own after-school snack tubs that are healthy and delicious with these easy tips.
- Breakfast and BrunchEat & DrinkKids in the kitchenStorytime Activities
This egg and bacon breakfast baguette is inspired by Mo Willems Nanette’s Baguette book and makes for a great storytime activity to do with kids.
- Eat & DrinkHandmadeHandmade GiftsKids in the kitchenKitchen Tips and IdeasPaper Crafts
Make a family recipe book of your favorite meals that can be passed down through generations with this easy tutorial.
When kids heat up food for themselves they also often create a mess. Teach them how to clean up kitchen messes with these easy tips.
- Eat & DrinkHandmadeKids in the kitchenParenting Tips
It's supposed to be a little rainy here in San Diego today. It will be a perfect day for fun and learning indoors.…
- Back To SchoolCelebrateEat & DrinkHandmadeKids in the kitchenParenting TipsStorytime Activities
If you are looking for educational (but fun) activities to do with kids this summer that encourage them to interact with the books…
- Eat & DrinkKids in the kitchenKids Snacks and LunchesKitchen Tips and IdeasParenting Tips
I have three children, and we have more than our share of pickiness at the dinner table. One doesn’t like any vegetables but carrot and corn, one wants to live on pasta, the third is getting better, but refuses to eat most vegetables put in front of him.
I’ve learned over the years though that I need to get a little creative sometimes. So here are my:
1. Meal Plan: By meal planning each week I can take into consideration the different likes and dislikes of each of the children and include substitutions where necessary without throwing together a meal at the last minute with whatever happens to be in the house. For example, if it’s a meat and vegetable night, I can make mashed potatoes and broccoli for the one child who loves that, but also add carrots and corn for the other two children who like those. Instead of just having pasta with a sauce over the top I’ll serve spinach filled ravioli with pesto, chicken, beans and peas. My kids would eat ravioli or tortellini no matter what it’s filled with every night of the week if I let them, especially if it has pesto over the top. It’s also important to stick with a couple of meals they absolutely love when meal planning, but include new options too, which will encourage them to try new things.
- BakingCakes , Cupcakes, and Cake PopsCelebrateEat & DrinkKids in the kitchenStorytime ActivitiesThanksgivingThanksgiving Recipes
These delicious turkey conecakes are the perfect addition to your fall and Thanksgiving celebrations. They’re also a great activity to do with the kids in the kitchen.
- CelebrateEat & DrinkHalloweenHalloween RecipesKids in the kitchen
Looking for some yummy treats for a monster party, or kids Halloween party? I'm over at Multiples and More showing your kids how…