One of the most important things you can do is put together ideas for emergency preparedness for kids. We’ve got lots of ideas for you.
Fire safety activities for kids
Head over to Waterford Upstart for my tips and fire safety activities for kids. I’ve got a really fun snack that they’ll love, a list of books to read, along with activities to do with them.
That’s not all we’ve got for you. Take a look at these ideas too:
Emergency comfort kits for kids
Whether your kids are at school, at home with a sitter, or at their grandparent’s house put together a comfort kit. An emergency comfort kit contains items that they love including a photo of their family. It will let them know that even if you can’t be there at that moment, that you are thinking about them and keeping them safe.
Emergency preparedness for kids tips
Here are a few things you should teach kids right now:
- How to use a fire extinguisher
- Where spare flashlights and batteries are in case the power goes out
- How to use an emergency ladder if you have a second story
- The emergency contact 911
- Go over escape routes in case of a fire
- Pack an emergency kit together including water, snacks, and basic medical supplies
We’ve been in our own emergency situation that I’ve written about previously.
I’ve put together some emergency preparedness tips for you that you can implement in your home right now.