How to make white chocolate dipped strawberries and color coordinate them with your party theme.
White chocolate dipped strawberries are perfect for any party, and you can match the colors to your party or holiday theme. Let me show you how.
- Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
- Wilton gel food coloring (color to match your party)
- Sugar crystals (color to match your party)
- Piping bag and Wilton piping tip no.3
- Baking sheet
- Wax paper
If your strawberries have been refrigerated, wash them, pat them dry thoroughly, and leave them out until they are room temperature. If you have just picked (or purchased) them, wash them, pat them thoroughly dry, and you can use them immediately.
You are going to have to work quite quickly from here so that the chocolate doesn't harden again before you are finished, so make sure you have everything you need within reach. Snip a small piece off the end of the piping bag and insert the Wilton tip so the end of the tip is poking out of the bag. Place the wax paper on the cookie sheet and set aside.
Melt the white chocolate chips according to the package directions. Spoon a small amount of the white chocolate (about 2/3 of a cup) into a small dish.
Add a small amount of food color to the icing in the small dish and mix thoroughly.
Dip each strawberry into the white chocolate, let a little of the chocolate drip off it, and then place it onto the wax paper. Repeat until you have covered all of your strawberries.
If your colored icing has hardened a little melt it for a few seconds and mix again. Pour the colored chocolate into the icing bag (make sure the tip isn't facing downward or the chocolate will right out) and quickly pipe the chocolate back and forth over the rows of strawberries. Sprinkle a little of the matching sugar crystals over the top before it dries.
Place your cookie sheet into the refrigerator until the chocolate has hardened (no more than about half an hour).
Remove your strawberries from the refrigerator and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Match colors to your party or holiday theme.
Color coordinate your Wilton gel food coloring and sugar crystals to your party theme. For the ones pictured above, I used the 'rose petal' gel to make this soft pink.
Other ideas are:
- Blue for a boy baby shower
- Red and blue for a patriotic party
- Assorted pastel colors for Easter
- Red or pink for Valentine's Day
- Red and green for Christmas
- For an elegant party or New Years Eve party instead of sugar crystals pipe on white chocolate, and then sprinkle a little gold or silver edible glitter over the top.
- A rainbow of colors for St. Patrick's Day. Tip: Make sure strawberries are in an even row and pipe one row with red, one with yellow, and so on instead of attempting to pipe each strawberry individually.
Please pin this post for later: