Not sure what you need to take for a day at the beach. Here is your list of beach day essentials, with everything you need to know to make your day with the kids enjoyable.
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackSnapShare #SnackStories #CollectiveBias
Being an Aussie girl who lives in California, I’ve always spent a lot of time at the beach. The kids have been out of school for about two weeks now for summer break and we’ve already made four beach trips.
Today we spent the day at Bonita Cove, which is only a hop, skip, and a jump to Mission Beach in San Diego. If you prefer the calm waters and no crowds, then this is a much nicer spot to sit and relax, build sandcastles, and play in the water. Plus, there are bathrooms, plenty of parking, lifeguards on duty, and a playground right there on the sand. Then you can easily walk around the bay and cross the road to the surf beach, to dine in one of the many restaurants, walk along the boardwalk from Mission Beach to Crystal Pier (which we did today), or spend some time in the Belmont Park theme park.
If you are like me you want to be prepared for anything, so I take just about everything but the kitchen sink with us. For me, there’s nothing worse than setting up at the beach and having forgotten something or wishing you had have packed something you were undecided about taking. So we have a standard beach list of supplies we take every single time.
What To Take To The Beach With Kids
- Beach chairs – at least for the adults.
- Towels – enough for everyone.
- Snacks – essential, especially for kids, but make sure to pack snacks that cater to each person.
- Water bottles – stay hydrated.
- Sunscreen – this needs no explanation
- Cooler with ice packs – to keep water and anything else needed cool, plus the ice packs are pretty handy if someone gets hurt.
- Roll up table – this prevents sand from getting into snacks, and gives us a safe place up off the sand for things such as electronics, sunglasses, and more.
- Clip-on umbrella – this attaches to the table or chairs depending on where it’s needed.
- Beach tent – sometimes the kids just want space out of the sun, that’s shaded and cooler.
- Beach toys – sand toys, water toys, bubbles, kites, frisbee, beach ball etc
- Emergency kit – bandaids for scrapes, tissues, pain killers, bandages/gauze, hand sanitizer, tweezers, bug spray, any medication your children usually take including an epi-pen if it’s required.
- Baby powder – if you’ve every tried getting sand off little feet before they get into the car, then you know why you need this. Dust a little over the feet and wipe right ff.
- Roll of plastic bags (like the ones you’d use for diapers or picking up after your dog) – used for wet clothes and trash.
I know it seems like a lot, but if you are spending a day at the beach like we often do it’s best to be prepared, and we normally choose beaches or bay areas to go where we know we can get parking fairly close, or take a wagon to haul everything to the sand, because nobody wants to carry everything for a long hike to the ocean.
As far as snacks and drinks go I like to keep it simple. I always pack water bottles and fresh fruit along with pre-packaged snacks such as Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzels and Kettle Brand® Potato Chips.
My daughter absolutely loves Kettle Brand® Potato Chips in Sea Salt & Vinegar…
I love salty Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzels…
and my little man loves their gluten-free version.
These products offer creative ways and limitless summer opportunities for snacking while sharing the great taste and great times with family and friends.
Enter the sweepstakes by sharing snack stories and submitting photos of them, your family or friends in their snacking moment using hashtag #SnackSnapShare.
- (1) Grand prize- $10,000 cash prize for a family vacation of the winner’s choosing.
- (8) Weekly Winners- One weekly winner will win a year’s worth of snacks so they can continue to share the love all year long.
- (57) Daily Winners- winners will receive a $50 prepaid Visa gift card to stock up on snacks at their favorite retailer.
UPDATE: THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED
You can find Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzels and Kettle Brand® Potato Chips at your local Walmart. Check for special displays and end caps at the moment.
Pin this post for later: