This delicious savory Southwestern breakfast bowl is perfect for weekends. It’s full of eggs, chorizo, fresh produce, and beans.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by BUSH’S® Savory Beans as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day around our house. Sure there are days when the kids just grab a banana and blueberries, bagels, or a slice of a carrot, banana or zucchini loaf, but we (and by we, I mean Mike during the week and me on the weekends) strive for a hot breakfast (or let’s face it brunch) whenever possible.
This Southwestern Breakfast Bowl is a delicious, hearty meal that feeds 3-4 people.
As you can see it’s full of fresh produce, beans, eggs, and chorizo, making it the perfect weekend choice for brunch.
1 can (15.4 oz.) BUSH’S® Southwestern Style Pinto Beans™
1 baking potato - peeled and chopped into small hash brown sized pieces
1/2 red onion - chopped
1/4 cup each of assorted bell peppers (I used red, yellow, and orange) - chopped
Chorizo (uncased) - I used 2
1/4 cup Mexican cheese
1/4 cup milk
1 tbs olive oil
salt & pepper
cilantro to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet on the stove.
- Turn down the heat to medium-high and cook the chorizo until it's cooked through.
- Add the potato, bell peppers, and red onion. Continue cooking and stirring occasionally while you prepare the rest of the breakfast.
- Whisk the eggs with milk, and then stir in the cheese.
- Cook your eggs (scrambled) in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Pour the BUSH’S® Southwestern Style Pinto Beans™ into a saucepan and heat on the stove over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon all of your breakfast ingredients into a bowl, top with avocado, and garnish with cilantro and hot sauce (optional).
These new BUSH’S Savory Beans are perfect as a side dish because you can heat and eat in minutes. They also come in three flavors, Black Beans Fiesta, Southwestern Style Pinto Beans (which I used), and Southern Style White Beans. And, did you know that BUSH’S Beans are gluten-free and cholesterol-free? Pick up a can from Walmart today.
Please pin this post for later: