This paper plate snowman craft is a fun weekend craft project for kids. They can make a whole family of paper plate snowmen for winter.
Note: This project was created for a small community San Diego magazine, Mira Mesa Living.
Paper plate snowman craft for kids
- 2 large white paper plates
- 1 small white paper plate
- Clear plastic or vinyl
- Paper – black, orange, and a third color for the scarf
- Items to fill the snowman belly such as pom-poms, glitter, stickers, foam shapes
- Black marker (alternatively you could cut out the eyes and mouth from the black paper)
Cut a circle in the center of one of the large paper plates. Attach the clear plastic to the inside of the plate with the stapler.
On the second large paper plate, attach stickers, pom-poms, glitter, and other assorted items to make a fun winter scene.
Staple the plate with the plastic circle to the front of the plate with the winter scene.
Staple the smaller plate to the top of the large plates.
Make your snowman’s facial features including a carrot nose, and don’t forget a hat using paper and markers.
Cut a long strip of paper, or staple two strips of paper together to make a scarf. Wrap it around the snowman, crossing it over at the front and stapling itin place. Using your scissors cut a fringe at each end of the scarf.
More snowman crafts
Are you looking for more snowman crafts to make with the kids this winter? You need to take a look at these:
- Printable snowman treat cups for movie night
- Snowman hot chocolate gift boxes
- Felt board snowman craft
- Snowman tin can toss game
Please pin this post for later: