The best 100 activities to do with kids this fall season and a delicious recipe for pumpkin scones and pumpkin tea to get you started.
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeaProudly #CollectiveBias
With the changing of the seasons comes the lists of fun activities you can do with kids, and I really do love all of the activities over the fall season. The weather is cooler here in Southern California, the leaves are changing, and everyone is decorating for fall and Halloween, which is quickly followed by lots of family activities surrounding Thanksgiving.
So, not only am I sharing my epic fall bucket list of 100 things you can do with kids this fall, but I’m also sharing a recipe for pumpkin scones and pumpkin-flavored tea to get you started on number 24 ‘eat pumpkin everything’.
So grab a cup of tea, sit back, and let’s get started on making those scones and planning our fall checklist. Because everything is better when you have a cup of tea in hand.
Tip: To turn your Chai Vanilla Bigelow Tea into a delicious pumpkin-flavored chai simply add 1 teaspoon of pumpkin puree along with a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice. It’s that easy, and it’s delicious too. Top with a little milk too, and stir.
Want to check out the fall Bigelow Tea flavors available, or need to stock up on the Chai Vanilla Bigelow Tea? Simply click through the image below to purchase your favorite tea flavors on Walmart.com.
Now, let’s make those pumpkin scones shall we?
Pumpkin Scone Recipe
2 1/2 cups plain flour
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice + extra for icing
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, cold
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbs milk
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Cut in the butter and crumble together - you can use a pastry attachment to your mixer, or pop on some gloves and use your hands.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, and then add the pumpkin puree and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and knead.
- Brush a little melted butter over a scone pan (if you have one), or simply line a baking tray with parchment paper and make a mound of mixture scoring it into slices before baking.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a little before transferring to a wire rack for icing.
- To make the icing combine the powdered sugar, milk, and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice in a bowl. Drizzle over scones, and then sprinkle a little cinnamon over the top.
And now for that epic list of 100 fun fall activities to do with the kids. Click on the image below to print the list, and cross off each activity as you get them done. Have fun!
100 Fall Activities To Do With Kids
Drinking tea is so much more! It’s warm and cozy; it soothes souls, connects people, invites conversation and makes memories. You can find Bigelow Tea in your local Walmart store where all tea and coffee is sold. My favorite fall flavors are Chai Vanilla, Salted Caramel, and Cinnamon Stick. What are yours?
Take a look at Tea Proudly for more great ideas, and connect with Bigelow Tea on social media:
Pin this post for later: