These bacon-wrapped hot dogs with sweet and spicy toppings make a great self-serve bar idea when grilling outdoors this summer.
A LONG time ago, I posted a delicious recipe for hot dogs with sriracha and pineapple salsa. I decided to go back and re-make these, but kick them up a notch with a little more spice, and bacon. It really gives it that extra kick of flavor.
These are quick and easy to make. If it’s too cold outside to fire up the grill, then use an indoor grill pan on the stove as I did. Just make sure to turn them often so they don’t burn on one side, but get those grills marks on them.
Bacon-wrapped hot dogs
- Hot dogs
- Hot dog buns
- Fresh pineapple
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 red onion
- Sriracha mayo
- Wrap bacon around your hot dogs.
- Grill them making sure to turn and grill on all sides until the bacon is cooked through - 7-9 minutes total.
- While the hot dogs are grilling, prepare your toppings.
- Chop your pineapple, red onion, and jalapeno.
- Add toppings and Sriracha to your bacon-wrapped hot dogs.
It’s really that simple. I love the extra spice on these. Do you prefer mustard or ketchup, or do you like gourmet hot dogs as much as me?
Looking for more delicious grilling ideas for the summer? Try these:
- Grilled barbecue bacon hot dogs
- How to set up a self-serve hot dog bar at home
- Stuffed burgers with grilled pear, bacon, and gorgonzola
- Gourmet chicken sausages for summer barbecues
- Hot to set up an easy burger bar at home
Please pin this post for later: