These Despicable Me Minion push-up cupcakes are sure to be a hit with every little Minion. Download and print the free printable.
Disclosure: This Despicable Me 2 party post was sponsored by Universal Pictures.
It’s that time again. Time for another fun Despicable Me 2 party tutorial.
This week I’m bringing you a FREE Despicable Me 2 Minion push up cupcake wrapper printable.
I asked the amazing Juliann Law to create these for me. She did such a fantastic job.
Before I share the free printable though, I want to share yellow cake instructions.
- 2 cups cake flour (and 1/4 cup extra)
- 1 stick butter - softened (and 1 tbs extra - melted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, plus
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Brush a little melted butter into mini muffin tins, then sprinkle flour over the top, making sure to get rid of any excess - I hold it upside down over the sink and shake it out.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until combined and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and egg yolks gradually, and then add the vanilla.
- Add about a cup of dry ingredients to the butter mixture and combine on low speed.
- Add in about 1/2 of the buttermilk and combine.
- Repeat until all flour and buttermilk have been completely combined.
- Pour mixture into mini muffin tins and bake for approximately 15 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
- Once baked, set aside to cool.
While the cupcakes are cooling, make your frosting. I normally make mine according to C&H Powdered Sugar package directions – which is basically a 1lb box of powdered sugar, 1/2 cup softened butter, 1/4 cup milk, and 1 tsp pure vanilla essence. Combine all ingredients, then add Wilton yellow food gel coloring (just a little at a time) until the desired color is reached.
Alternate adding a cupcake and yellow frosting to the plastic push up cupcake container. You should end up with three layers. Pipe a little extra yellow frosting onto the top cupcake and top with brown sprinkles.
NOTE: I used the Wilton brand of treat pop containers, see how the lid makes a great stand so they don’t fall over.