The whole family is going to have so much fun through Easter and spring crafting and playing with this DIY Easter egg carton checkers board.
Disclosure: This project has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for #collectivebias (#gluenglitter)
Are you looking for an Easter craft to do with your egg cartons? I have just the thing.
The kids are going to love this DIY Easter-themed checkers game board.
Easter egg carton checkers game board
- 1 16×16″ thick plywood
- Paint: Pink (matte & metallic), Yellow (matte & metallic), green and blue
- Egg cartons (24 egg cups)
- Card stock: orange, yellow glitter, pink glitter (2 shades)
- White pom poms
- Elmer’s glue spots: thin mini and pop-up medium
- Wiggly eyes
- Black marker
- X-Acto knife, scissors, ruler, and paintbrushes.
Paint your egg cartons with pink paint for the bunnies, and yellow paint for the chicks.
Cut out wings and feathers for the chicks and ears for the bunnies using the glitter card stock and use Elmer’s glue spots to attach them into place.
Fold a piece of orange card stock in half, cut out small triangles (beak) and attach using mini glue spots. Attach the googly eyes using glue spots too. Draw on any other facial features using the marker.
Don’t forget to attach pom pom cottontails to the back of the egg carton bunnies using the glue spots too.
Paint the piece of plywood to resemble a checkers board and set aside to dry.
More Easter crafts
Are you looking for more fun Easter crafts to make with the kids? Take a look at these:
- Easy and adorable Easter bunny crafts
- Chick and duckling snack cup craft
- Paper bunny ears headband craft for preschoolers
- Toilet paper roll bunnies
- Easter mason jar crafts
Please pin this post for later: