These chocolate chip pancake mix muffins are the perfect way to use pantry ingredients if you don’t have time to get to the store.
On the weekend I like to try to prep for the next week whenever I can. Whether that’s making freezer breakfasts, baked goods, or putting the slow cooker to work for shredded meats we can use in other dishes.
Baking ahead of time means that the kids have quick and easy food for breakfast, lunch boxes, or after-school snacks.
Did you know you can bake muffins using pancake mix? You’d be surprised at what you can make with what you have in your pantry.
Chocolate chip pancake mix muffins
- 3 cups pancake mix (I used the Aldi brand and that's how much was left in the box)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 tbs butter (melted)
- 2 large eggs (whisked)
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl whisk together the pancake mix, sugar, eggs, butter, and milk.
- Fold the chocolate chips through the mix.
- Spoon mixture into baking cups in a muffin pan until about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-minutes.
It’s as simple as that!
Do your kids have favorite make ahead snacks that you bake on the weekend?
Now I’m off to make some gluten-free blueberry muffins for the little man too. I can’t make treats for us and not for him to enjoy too.
Looking for more delicious muffins recipes? Try these:
- Mini pumpkin donut muffins
- Vanilla lemon curd muffins recipe
- Matcha banana coconut muffin recipe
- Gluten-free banana chocolate chip muffins
- Lemonade muffins recipe
Pin this post for later: