This pineapple fried rice served in a fresh half pineapple is perfect for entertaining at home.
Rice is a staple side dish around here. When I have leftovers such as ham or chicken, but not quite enough for a second meal for the whole family, I use it to make fried rice.
This easy recipe can be made with beef, chicken, ham, or shrimp.
- 1 pineapple - center removed and diced
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 shallot - finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 red bell pepper - chopped
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- 2 eggs - beaten, fried and roughly chopped into pieces
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs crushed garlic
- 2tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 lime = juice only
- cilantro leaves - garnish
- The first step is to cook your rice. I use a rice cooker for this and it takes about 25-minutes. While it's cooking prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and gradually add the following - garlic, shallot, pineapple, red bell pepper, soy sauce, sriracha, lime juice, ham, rice, peas, egg, and cashews.
- Make sure everything is thoroughly combined, turn heat to low and stir continuously until heated through.
- Spoon into the pineapple and top with cilantro before serving.
Recipe: by Tonya Staab tonyastaab.com
This recipe makes enough fried rice to fill two pineapple halves.
What are your favorite ingredients to put into fried rice? It really is the perfect dish to make using leftovers.
You can find another quicker and even easier version of a ham and pineapple fried rice recipe here.
Please pin this post for later: