How cute are these sandwiches. I found the recipe in the April 08 Parents magazine. These are just fabulous for parties. I took these to a party a while ago and they were a hit. I did very simple fillings (it was a mother's group party, so lots of small children present) such as chicken salad with lettuce and ham, mustard & cubed cheese. You can make these quite elaborate though.
How to make these:
- Choose your favorite bread and trim the crust.
- Using your rolling pin, flatten the bread.
- Mould each piece of bread into a greased muffin pan.
- Put them in the oven on 350F for about 10 minutes … stay close though, you want to pull them out when the tips start to brown.
- Once they are cooled, fill them with all kinds of toppings.