This orzo salad with corn, zucchini, and spinach is the perfect accompaniment for backyard barbecues and potlucks, or enjoy it as a meal.
Are you looking for a delicious salad that’s perfect for summer entertaining? Instead of a traditional pasta salad, potato salad, or tossed salad, make something a little different like this corn, zucchini, and spinach salad with orzo. It’s the perfect side dish for backyard barbecues.
- 1lb Orzo
- 3 Zucchini (sliced)
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 3 cups Corn Kernels
- 1 Serrano Chili (finely chopped)
- 6oz crumbled Feta Cheese
- 3tbs Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice and zest from 1 Lemon
- Salt & Pepper (pinch of each)
- Prepare the orzo according to the package directions. While the orzo is cooking, steam the zucchini and corn for a few minutes.
- Drain and rinse the orzo under cold water to stop it from cooking any further. Return to the pot, tossing with olive oil.
- Add the zucchini and corn, along with the serrano chili, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper, and toss together.
- Once cooled, add in the spinach leaves and feta, gently combine.
Tip: This is a great salad to serve for lunch, or as a side salad when grilling. It’s also perfect for a pot-luck, lunch, or meatless Monday.
You can pair this orzo salad with:
Looking for more delicious salad recipes for your backyard barbecue? Try these:
Please pin this post for later: