Although our children love indoor activities such as craft projects, cooking, watching movies, and playing with our indoor toys, I also make a conscious effort to encourage them to get outside and play during the long summer vacation, especially during these long days, and while the weather is warm.
Here are 5 tips for keeping your kids safe outdoors during the summer:
- Apply sunscreen and apply it often.
- Make sure your child wears a helmet whether skateboarding, blading, biking, or having fun on the scooter.
- Dress your child in light layers, which can be removed as the day gets hotter, and don’t forget a wide-brimmed hat.
- Ensure that your child stays hydrated. Place a few ice-cubes in their favorite bottle and top with water early in the morning to keep it cooler for an extended period.
- Make sure your younger child is aware of things such as poison oak, not to eat berries off trees, and not to collect bees as pets (we learned this one the hard way recently).
Don’t forget to visit Kmart Playdate Place for more great tips from real parents on hosting playdates, keeping your kids safe, and great toys that your kids will absolutely love this summer.
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #playdateplace