These carrot cake muffins and dark chocolate hot chocolate recipes pair perfectly with the new OREO Dark Chocolate and Carrot Cake Cookies.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by OREO as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Did you know that OREO has launched two NEW flavors, OREO Dark Chocolate, and OREO Carrot Cake?
And, they are delicious!
They are perfect for entertaining too. I’m showing you two fun ways to wow your family and guests with delicious carrot cake muffin treats, and dark chocolate hot chocolate.
Let’s start with these delicious Carrot Cake Muffins topped with OREO Carrot Cake Cookies.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
2 large eggs (room temperature)
1 small tub applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted - do this right before adding)
1 large carrot, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the eggs, applesauce, vanilla, and brown sugar.
- Melt the coconut oil, allow to cool a little (you don't want to cook the other ingredients), then add to the mixture.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring together.
- Fold in the shredded carrots. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Top with cream cheese frosting, and then and OREO Carrot Cake cookie.
DARK CHOCOLATE HOT CHOCOLATE
I love dark chocolate, and with the cool rainy weather we are having today, I couldn’t resist whipping up a pot on the stove to enjoy while I watched movies and snuggled up with my blanket.
(makes 2 cups)
- 2 cups half & half
- 1/2 block dark chocolate
- 1 tsp sugar
- whipped cream (for topping)
- OREO Dark Chocolate cookies (for topping)
Heat the half & half, dark chocolate, and sugar on the stove. Pour into a mug, top with whipped cream and crushed cookie pieces.
If you would like to print either of these recipes, please click on the green button to the left, right underneath the social sharing buttons.
- OREO Dark Chocolate: dark chocolate-flavored creme, sandwiched between two classic Oreo chocolate wafers.
- OREO Carrot Cake: Have your cake and eat it too with OREO Carrot Cake Cookies filled with cream cheese frosting flavored creme.
Visit select Walmart locations from February 14th through February 17th for exciting events celebrating the launch of the new OREO flavors, Dark Chocolate and Carrot Cake. The events will feature an in-store sampling of the new OREO Dark Chocolate Cookies and OREO Carrot Cake Cookies, fun games, giveaways, and free swag items!
Please pin these delicious ideas to Pinterest: