Are you hosting an Easter party? Put together this fun tray for decorating Easter egg cookies with the kids. They are going to love this!
We were invited to a potluck Easter party this year. I knew that there would be a lot of side dishes and desserts being brought by other guests. The kids were going to do an egg hunt too. I decided to take a cookie decorating tray as an extra activity for the kids to do as well. This made a great alternative to a traditional potluck dish.
Easter egg cookies party tray
What you need
- Sugar cookie mix – we used Betty Crocker
- Egg-shaped cookie cutter
- Cream cheese icing
- Toppings – assorted sprinkles
- Mini marshmallows ‘cottontails’
- Decorator icing
- Easter eggs
- Optional – candy toppings
Bake the cookies according to the directions on the packet (if you aren’t using your favorite recipe). Don’t forget to use the egg-shaped cookie cutter to cut out your shape before baking.
Set the cookies aside to cool completely.
Assemble your serving tray starting with the cookies, icing, and decorator icing tubes. Put sprinkles into small bowls or cupcake liners. Fill in any gaps with Easter eggs and mini marshmallows.
More Easter party food ideas
Are you looking for more yummy Easter party food ideas that your guests will love? Take a look at these:
- Make this delicious spring quiche recipe
- Kids will love this bunny bait snack mix
- This spring waffle bar is perfect for Easter brunch
- Bacon and egg hash brown nests are also perfect for Easter brunch
- Meringue nests topped with Peeps or eggs make a yummy dessert
- Kids will love these carrot patch pudding cups