March 17 is the day you'll be wanting to dress in green and grab a pint of Guinness.
Need a few party ideas?
Here are a few things I've done over the past couple of years. Some of the food is not quite Irish, but it's definitely 'green'.
1. Potato and spinach soup – Irish fun, food & crafts
2. Irish Soda Bread – Sticky Fingers Bakery
3. Grapes, corned beef, crackers and guacamole
4. Assorted Irish Cheeses – Blarney Castle, Dubliner, Mature Cheddar
5. Reuben sandwiches – Kaboose recipes
6. Chicken wraps – add your favorite fillings
7. Vegetable chips, crackers and guacamole
8. Chips and salsa verde
1. Mini Bundt Cakes – Irish fun, food & crafts
2. Gold coins and Peppermint Lindt Balls
3. Shamrock cookies – Edelweiss Bakery
4. Individual ice cream tubs – peppermint and vanilla
5. Vanilla cupcakes with cream cheese icing and green sprinkles
1. St. Patrick's Day punch – Kaboose recipes
2. Midori margarita
3. Jameson Irish Whiskey and Bailey's Irish Cream
5. Harp Lager
6. Beer cozy – found at a party supply store.
1. Placemats 4pk – purchased yesterday from Target on clearance for $2.48
2. Fresh flowers in yellow, green and white
3. Party music – Dreams: The Ultimate Corrs Collection
DRESS FOR THE OCCASION
When hosting a party at home I like to leave a table of assorted costume pieces for the guests to put on as they arrive. Nothing breaks the ice and gets a conversation started than looking a little silly.
As seen on:
One Pretty Thing