I have loved The Smurfs since I was a little girl and so I was thrilled when they announced The Smurfs 2 movie release.
The kids haven't really paid much attention to The Smurfs, although when I mentioned the new movie, they of course wanted to see it. I didn't want them to see the new one though until they'd seen first movie. So when I noticed that it was airing on cable recently I set the DVR to record it.
I set aside a few hours last weekend and whipped up some fun treats to watch the first movie before heading to the movie theater to see The Smurfs 2.
- Smurf Jelly – blue jelly in small glasses, topped with whipped cream and a raspberry
- Toadstool Treats – large marshmallows on a lollipop stick with the top of a vanilla cupcake covered in a thin layer of red marshmallow fondant and white edible decorating paper.
- Blue Drinks – blue Gatorade or Fruit Punch work perfectly for this.
- Smurf Popcorn Bags – I decorated plain blue paper bags to look like Papa Smurf, Smurfette and Brainy Smurf and then filled them with popcorn.
- Almond Joy Candy Pieces – I think these are fairly self explanatory, and delicious too.
The kids now love The Smurfs.
I would love for them to dress as The Smurfs characters for Halloween. Somehow I don't think they're going to go for it though.