I am honored to be one of 50 bloggers who had the opportunity to Bag It Forward this summer.
Elmer's and Collective Bias sent us on a mission to purchase a bag of school supplies for our own child as well as a bag of supplies for another child who needs a little help before school resumes in the fall. I contacted a local organization, Peacock Acres, who provide residential care for foster youth. They told me they currently have a boy in care who is starting middle school soon.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a school supply list, but the fabulous staff member I spoke with suggested getting a backpack and the basic school supplies. Thankfully, we've done the 6th grade shopping trip previously, so we had a fairly good idea of what may be needed.
I am so thankful I was able to help start his school year off in such a positive way. I only wish I had the opportunity to see his face when received his bag.
Although we would love it if everyone could Bag It Forward and provide school supplies for a child in need, we know that isn't always possible, however Elmer's have partnered with Adopt-A-Classroom and will donate up to $10,000 if you participate in Elmer's Virtual Bag It Forward campaign.
The rules are simple:
- Copy and paste these rules to your blog post.
- Create a blog post giving a “virtual bag of school supplies” to other bloggers or write about your Back to School shopping trip at Walmart.
- Link back to the person who gave you a bag of school supplies.
- Let each person you are giving a virtual bag of school supplies know you have given them a bag.
- Leave your link in the Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward comment section. You can also find the official rules of this virtual #bagitforward program there.
Disclosure: My Bag It Forward experience was sponsored by Elmer's and Collective Bias.