These homemade salted caramel scones are delicious and perfect for tea with friends or weekend brunch.
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FoundMyDelight #CollectiveBias
If you were to ask me what my favorite meal of day is, without even having to think about the response, it would be a resounding, afternoon tea! Growing up, there were always five times a day we would all get together as a family, re-connect, and then go about our merry way; breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner. But afternoon tea was always my favorite. That’s when the scones, cakes, biscuits and other sweet treats would come out … which we would enjoy with tea, of course.
These caramel scones are perfect for afternoon tea. Enjoy them on their own or with a little butter.
Recipe makes 6 scones – I know the photos only show 5, but that’s because I ate one … for taste testing purposes of course.
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (for scones) + 1/2 cup (for icing)
- 2 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cold (for scones) + 1/4 cup (for icing)
- 1/2 cup International Delight Iced Coffee Caramel Macchiato ready-to-drink (for scones) + 1/3 cup (for icing)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, brown sugar (for scones), baking powder and salt.
- Add in the butter ... chop it into pieces and if you don't have a pastry attachment on your mixer just use a fork, or pop on some gloves to combine it by hand with the flour mixture.
- Stir in the International Delight Iced Coffee Caramel Macchiato until combined.
- Flour a board and transfer the dough. Knead a few times, shape into a circle or rectangle and cut into triangles.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, and bake your scones for about 18 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool while you make the icing.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan on the stove, stirring continuously.
- Add the International Delight Iced Coffee Caramel Macchiato and bring it to a boil. Remove from the stove.
- Gradually whisk in the powdered sugar. Set aside to cool. As the icing cools it thickens, you will want to stir it every now and then as a hard film will form over the top.
- Pour over your scones. Sprinkle a little sea salt over the top and set aside until the icing hardens a little.
And serve … with a glass of International Delight (ready-to-drink) Iced Coffee Caramel Macchiato.
International Delight Iced Coffee is now available in the refrigerated tea/juice section at your Walmart store.
What do you enjoy with your International Delight ready-to-drink iced coffee?
Please pin this post for later: