I'm a big fan of making a meal that can be used over two days, but in different ways.
Not in a Food Network Chopped kind of way (although the contestants on that show are pretty inspiring), but in a New TraDish practical (everyone can do it), I'm going to make a dish and use it in two different ways by freezing half of the ingredients and using those later kind of way.
So here's a simple one for you.
What you need:
- 2lbs ground beef
- 1 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 jars Ragú® sauce - I used Ragú® Old World Style® Sauce and Ragú® Chunky Tomato Garlic & Onion Sauce
- Mozzarella block - cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Parmesan Cheese - shredded (for topping)
Combine the ground beef, eggs and bread crumbs in a bowl. Shape into meatballs (this recipe makes approximately 24 - depending on the size you make them). Tip: I like to use an ice cream scoop to ensure the balls are roughly the same size. Place a cube of mozzarella inside each ball and ensure it's covered completely.
Pour half of the Ragú® Old World Style® Sauce into the slow cooker, add a layer of meatballs, and then the remainder of the sauce. Top with another layer of meatballs, and then pour the jar of Ragú® Chunky Tomato Garlic & Onion Sauce over the top.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
And your meal ideas:
Meal One: Meatball Subs
- Italian (or sub) bread rolls
Meatball subs are perfect for when friends come over to watch the game and for quick and easy meals on the go, particularly when shuttling kids to and from sports practice after school.
Meal Two: Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Side dishes: garlic bread and salad
Spaghetti and meatballs is the perfect dish for a sit down family meal and with the meatballs already prepped and ready to go it's a great last-minute meal idea.
I was inspired to create these simple Slow Cooker Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs from these Ragú® recipes:
- Mama's Best Ever Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs and Spaghetti
- Slow Cooker Meatballs Parmesan
- Quick Meatball Parmesan Hero
For more delicious Ragú recipe mash ups and recipe ideas visit them here: