This party activity was inspired by Make and Takes who made a Fruit Loop Christmas Garland with her children.
After seeing Marie's project I had an idea to make up craft kits for a Christmas party we are attending. The children can make bracelets, Christmas tree ornaments, necklaces or garlands. There will be a lot of assorted craft activities at the party so I thought that if the children didn't have time to do this one, they could at least take the kit home to complete it.
What you need:
- Cheerios (I used yogurt burst)
- Sticker printer paper
- Small candy bags & ties
- Small gift bags
How to make:
- Make a sample of each item and take a photograph
- I used Picnik to edit the photograph and add in the type.
- Print the photograph onto sticker printer paper and affix to the gift bag.
- Fill a small bag with Cheerio's and tie so they don't spill.
- Cut various lengths of yarn so children can decide which project they would like to make
- Type up a tip sheet and print.
- Put everything into the bag and fold over the top so nothing falls out.